Saturday, November 1, 2008

Life in Motion

My brother and his wife are going through a divorce, he filed paperwork back in April. At the time we were all very mad at him. He has four kids with this woman and wasn't making any effort at saving what they had. Unfortunately, it seems my brother made a very wise choice. My sister-in-law, Julie, was arrested on Wednesday for possession, trafficking and sale of meth.
My heart bleeds!! She's a good person at heart, she's young and hasn't had it easy. I don't think she was doing whatever it was she was doing because she's a bad person. I think either she needed money or she was trying to impress someone or was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
My brother is now filing for full custody of the children. It hurts me to think that she won't be able to see them. Julie has been a very big part of my life. She came onto the scene when I was 15 and really helped my brother to grow up. Kevin was always so immature and she helped to make him more of an adult. When Julie first got pregnant with Skyler she was 17. I had no idea just how much she would come to mean to me. She gave my family Skyler, Elizabeth, William and Ashleigh - these babies mean SO much to all of us. Being that Julie is the mother of them, she means a lot to us too. I personally have a very sincere love for her. She's been a sister to me a way. It's like we were super close but she'd call more than my brother and she's always been very approchable.
Again, my heart just aches for her. Although my brother wants full custody we all think it's still important that she gets to see them. The kids need a mom and she's not a bad person - she's just made some really poor choices. I hope this will be a wake up call for her and that she'll make the effort that is needed to change her life for the better.