Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Roomie Encounter

I had been warned that roomie can be bad...bad...and worse. This one was only bad...some...
Kristy moved in at the end of June. It was agreed it would be a 3 week - 4 week room rental. I didn't ask for a deposit and asked for price that was less than the other two girls in the house were paying. At the end of week 3, I was told she'd be out by the end of 4, at the end of 4 I asked for more $$ to help with utilities since she was still there. At the end of week 5 I asked for $45 in rent for the week (that would equal $180 a month for rent - CRAZY CHEAP). She got upset...needless to say...she was unable to pay and moved out today.
She left a mess in her old room and the kitchen. When I texted her a message to let her know that I didn't appreciate her mess - she responded that she didn't really care since I was money hungry! HAHAHAH! Perhaps $45 is unreasonable but considering all the other girls are paying at least $100 a week...I think it was very generous and can't say I regret anything other than offering up my hospitality to her. Next time, I will most certainly ask any individual passing through for a deposit and a set move in/out date. Lesson learned.

Might I add that I was thanked by a roomie for not allowing that situation to continue.