Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 and the Future

I have grown emotionally and spiritually more this year than any other thus far. For that, I am the MOST grateful. I certainly have had the hardest moments of my life this year, but as a result I have learned to live every day to the fullest and to love with all I have to give.

This year, I actually made friends. Friends I expect to have a lifetime. Nicole and Stacey - I am grateful for you both. In addition, I met Brad who then introduced me to my second family - Peak Adventures; for this, I am speechless. In addition, I have made numerous new companions including Stan and Felix who were both very instrumental in cementing myself within the things I've learned this year.

I am grateful for Cinnamon who helped me through the hardest days and never let me forget them. I am grateful for Candace who continues to be patient with my learning and growth and work with me to find the perfect answers.

Above all else (and anyone and everyone who knows me knows this) I am SO GRATEFUL that I have my Grandma this year. Her battle with cancer was won bravely and with courage I've never seen or imagined before. Although I've always considered her my hero, I never imagined that she wouldn't be in my life. Her cancer caused me to wake up and realize just how precious life is. As a result, I have gotten to know her better and have had the privilege of spending many great hours talking about life.

I've learned what it means to live in the now, just how valuable a good job truly is, where to go when in need of healing, how to find a center within myself...I could keep going for hours. There is just now way to express accurately how much this year has meant to me.

On a side note - a few "big" moments in my life this year include:
* Quitting animal rescue and turning over my 501(c)(3)
* Getting roommates
* Getting robbed
* Finding out my Grandma has cancers
* Finding out my sister-in-law was arrested
* Finding out my cousin was arrested
* Hooking up yet again with Brandon
* Watching Brandon run away, yet again
* Getting fired
* Experiencing the outdoors for the first time in my adult life