Sunday, April 13, 2008

Climbing

I went today out at Consumnes River Gorge. It was awesome!! It completely kicked ass. There were a few things to consider though...
1 - (In case you didn't know or remember) I'm terrified of heights;
2 - I almost died on at least 2 occasions.
Anyway, the climbing was great, the group rocked, the weather was amazing...! I feel like I'm in pretty good shape but though rocks sure kicked a good one. I'm a bit scratched up but nothing to whine about. I'm also a bit sunburned even though I wore plenty of sunscreen. Oh well...
After top roping we took on some good bouldering and went down to the river. The water was rushing white and stunning. The rocks were in the shade where we went and there nice and cool (of course the water was freezing but refreshing). We had to boulder our way back up and that took a bit more muscle but somehow seemed easier.
On our ride back down from the gorge we stopped at a little market to grab ice cream and cold drinks. It was comical because the building was made of these large rocks so Brad and Ryan went "buildering" (hahaha, new word of the day).
Adventures come highly recommended in my book...so get out there and live!