Saturday, April 5, 2008

Love Theory

You know that jitter in the pit of your stomach you feel when you are in the process of falling for someone? That exciting flutter in your gut, the race in your heart? Well, I was presented with a new theory on that feeling and I'm very intrigued by it.
Consider this...love and fear feeling the same.
Fear causes the same response and the same fluttery feeling. So, what makes fear any different from love?
Perhaps what you were actually feeling when you were with that special someone wasn't love at all...but rather a fear...fear of losing them? Fear of losing yourself in them? Fear of something unexamined?
I think perhaps, I have to agree that fear and love feel very similar. I'm not sure I've taken the time in the past to see which one I'm actually feeling.