Monday, April 14, 2008

Flirting

Call it what you will - bubbly, flirty, perky...it all boils down to the way that you want to describe it. The other day a girl in one of my classes said "I really appreciate that you're always so perky," I took that as a compliment. But, today when the office staff awarded me Ms. California Flirt 2008 and recommended that I open my own studio to teach people flirting techniques, I was EMBARASSED! Perhaps it was because they are people I work with. Perhaps it was the way that they spent an hour talking about various encounters where they felt I was flirting (all of which weren't actually me flirting...scarily enough). In the end, it was a fun time, I just thought that I had tamed it down a lot as of late.

Fernando once told me "your personality is flirt. You flirt with EVERYONE, male and female. You just flirt." After that I tried to control who I was flirting with to not send the wrong signals...apparently I still haven't nailed that one. I like to think that the guys I actually flirt with can tell the difference.