Friday, April 4, 2008

Shakes

The thing about gastroparesis is that for anything a normal person does, it takes someone with GP ten times as much effort. Today is one of those days. I spent my day helping the county shelter with an animal adoption event and at about noon I though my body was on the brink of collapse. I was having really bad hand tremors and my energy level is pretty much non-existent. I've had a lot of good days lately, but today I really felt the effects of low blood sugar and dehydration.
Sometimes I think it sure would be nice to trade bodies with someone else. Yet, I also know that few people would be able to suck it up and just keep going. There are so many people in the world who take the easy way out. People who would simply get disability and sit around their house...weak people. Although I'd love to do that, I know that deep down I'd be so miserable. Regardless of how shitty I feel or how much I'm shaking, I feel this deep something within me that screams for me to just keep going.