Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Name Game

I've got to start keeping names straight!!
First, let me start with a short, totally unrelated story. I had my first day of work at my new job today. I helped host the Maria Shriver Book Signing. It was a great event. It was private for our top donors and about 100 people were invited. There were free books and of course the lady was there to sign them. There were wonderful wines and great food pairing. It was a pretty event and overall a great turn out. I, of course, haven't helped to host a formal event in about four years and I forgot the importance of comfy shoes. So as I paraded around in my high heels I wondered if my feet were bleeding. At the end of the event, I took them off to walk back to the parking lot...can you just picture me, strolling down Capitol Avenue with my cute skirt, argyle shirt and my high heels in hand...hahaha!
Back to names...so after this event, I went over to Brandon's new home. It was nice. We put on some music, broke out a bottle of Kendall-Jackson and sat down on his extra long couch. We chatted about life, changes and stuff. We haven't seen each other since January so there was much to be talked about. It was a nice time. At one point, I accidentally called him Brian. To which, he didn't catch on, but I have to admit that I was rather distrubed by the whole thing!