Thursday, April 17, 2008

Physical Edge

For the first time...maybe ever...I hit my physical edge yesterday.
I went to Pipe Works to do some climbing. Brad had me start on a 5-8 high wall and by the time I got to the ground, my arms were completely toasted! We then went over and attempted some bouldering, it was pointless for me, my arms were already done. I attempted a few V0- spots and they didn't work, I got one V0 out but then my arms called it a night. It sucked because I really wanted to climb more but my body just didn't want to. Does that ever happen to you? Do you ever hit your physical edge and get really frustrated by the fact that you can't do whatever it is that you want to? Anyway, Brad and I then hit the slack line, which I sucked at too. It just wasn't my day for that environment, I was aggravated by the whole thing since I wanted to do it all...but...nooooooo...at least I was in good company. That sure did make a huge difference.
Today, my arms are still sore but in a different way. I know I can't climb for a few days and that sucks but oh well, really I should be learning to treat my body with more respect. I guess this is just God's way of forcing that on me, huh?
Oh yeah, I saw Cinnamon yesterday and we had a nice good chat. She noticed some stuff about me that I already knew and wanted to mention to her, stuff that's kinda new this week...it was funny that she could tell without me even mentioning it. She's good!
Saturday I get to finally see the girls again, I can't wait...I miss their company. They always have great things to talk about and my experiences with them are always so positive. I need more of that in my life.
I schedule for my job in Maine arrived last night. It looks like I'm going to be allllllllll over the state. It's rather crazy when I look at it, but I know it'll be a lot of fun.