Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Am The Filter

When I date, I've found that I filter out the weak with my completely insane personality and wild taste in...things.
For example, Brad came over last night for our very first movie night together. Hahahaha! I warned him that I'm very bad at picking movies. We started with "Trailer Park Boys- The Movie" and when that got to be just too bad, we switched to "Super Bad." Mind you, I LOVE that movie but it was completely inappropriate for a first movie night. It was rather funny how odd the whole thing seemed. I kept trying to force alcohol on him so that he wouldn't seem so nervous and instead he thought I was trying to get him drunk for my own benefit...it was comical. I enjoyed it! :) HAHAH! If you he doesn't run away now, then he just might have more potential than I gave him credit for.
Mind you, Brad's entirely different from anyone I've EVER dated. He wants to get to know me as a friend first and then we'll go from there. He haven't kissed, we haven't gone that route at all. I know he's interested in me like that and yet I know that he cares more about who I am than anything else. I'm so use to guys just wanting to jump my bones and worrying about getting to know me for me later that this is a total breath of fresh air. It's so exciting that I'm both intimidated and confused by it. I want this but at the time I'm just not use to it and change can always be scary.