Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Worst 3 Months of My Life

It started in November - the worst three months (perhaps it will be four) of my life.

In November, my niece of three - Elizabeth dislocated her shoulder. My mother fell down and broke her wrist, and I was diagnosed with gastroparesis which will result in months of testing.
Then came December...my grandmother who I adore more than I can even express, had a heart attack and spent a week in the hospital, I was dumped by someone I care deeply for and who I really foresaw something amazing (as you can read about below), my lease expired and I moved into a new apartment (without a roommate), I had to have an EGD and biopsy of my stomach completed on Christmas eve...
Welcome, January...I think we all believed that it just couldn't get any worse, until it did. My body started acting up and the question of pregnancy was brought up (and is still under question with the gyno). My mother has broken out in hives of an unknown sort which are spreading and causing her much itching and pain. Due to a fairly fierce storm, my father's car has now been totalled. I had to have a blood test this week to find out if I'm pregnant - as my body sure thinks I am. Then, today I was told that my grandpa is on a ventilator and is pretty much comatose. Tomorrow, the decision to remove his life line will be made. My grandpa will die tomorrow.

These last three months have been more than I could ever have imagined and I just don't know how to breath any more. I worry what will happen next, what more can our family possibly take?