Sunday, January 20, 2008

Power

I'm really working on understanding, identifying and taking control of power in my life.
Yesterday I made a commanding decision that felt good and was right for me. When told to do something on someone elses time schedule and knowing that I wasn't okay with that, I told someone "no, that really doesn't work for me." Afterwards, instead of feeling guilty - I felt empowered.

Today, I starting thinking about a few other things in my life that hold power and the ways in which I have let go of that power without thinking about it first. I'm stopping that, I'm taking control but not dominating, just trying to find that good solid balance.

I went to Vinyasa Yoga this morning and it kicked my butt. With the medication change up, I'm entirely off balance and spinning. I can't stand on one leg...it's rather comical to watch me attempt Yoga right now. The new medications aren't that strong but that's okay, maybe I can find a balance in my life without the need for something that I can't relinquish.