Saturday, January 5, 2008

I woke up with Yoga this morning, it was nice but I need to do it again before bed...poo.
I'm going to take a knitting class this week, I'm looking forward to it since I don't know how to knit and I don't know any one who does. I'm excited by it.

My therapy session yesterday was interesting - as always. She really feels that I have a hard time understanding success. She's right! I think of success as a big end result of many smaller things. I think one can be "successful" until they have something to show for it. Something final. However, sometimes those small steps are their own successes and I need to start acknowledging that in myself and others. I need to start widening my view of success.

She also thinks that my friendship with Brandon is very healthy. Which surprised me as sometimes I really don't think it is. I think that I feel guilty and immoral about this relationship. For no reason apparently. She made a good point - Brandon is a really good person who has accepted all of me, as is...which can't be said for certain other parties. Being that he's the first person who's done this, the fact that I want to keep him as an active part of my life isn't wrong. I explained to her that I think Brandon is a very selfish person; however, again, she pointed out that he is not as selfish as many many others in my life who think that it's okay to accept just parts of me and reject others, or me as a whole. The fact that I don't expect anything from Brandon and that's mutual is apparently one thing that keeps our friendship thriving.