Saturday, March 22, 2008

I love Dogs!!!

I spent my day today working with the shelter. It was rather comical to see my driving around with four dogs in crates and a few rabbits. But, I've found that if you try hard enough, you can almost fit anything into my little car. Hahaha!
I'm completely exhausted now from being out in the soon all day, chatting with people and just trying oh oh oh ohhhhh so hard to get those cute faces adopted. This morning from 8am-noon we took some dogs out to the Folsom Eggstravaganza. It was a great event. There turned out to be about 3,000 people. Of course, the only that got adopted was kittens...but there was one little doggie that really caught my heart and he's now in my foster program. I just couldn't stand to see him back at the shelter. He's so well behaved and he knows some basic commands. I haven't thought up a name yet, but that's okay.
Since December I haven't really put my heart into rescue or volunteering at the shelter but today sure felt good. I love dogs and I just love saving lives!!