Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Thoughts are Moving Slowly

I have so much to think about, but...the great news is that all of the thoughts are moving slowly around in my head and don't feel overwhelming at all. Yesterday, my mother commented on what a difference she's seen in me. MY MOM, of all people. She says I seem calmer, more at peace. She's so right!
First thought to address, Ryan. I like him, he's nice. Tuesday we were chatting and he asked "What's your background?" I didn't understand what exactly he wanted to know...so I probed...and he said "Did you have a happy childhood? I've never met anyone who's even remotely like you." That made me smile. I know I'm unique. Just keep in mind that you will NEVER meet anyone like me again.
Second thought, there is someone who wants my apartment. She wants to move in April 15th. That means I need to pack up all my stuff and find a place to camp out for the 10 days I'm still here...kinda scary and kinda exciting all at the same time.
Third thought, yesterday Kim and I went out for sushi. I haven't had sushi in far too long (maybe even weeks). It was nice. In the middle of lunch Kim goes "I think you're gonna fall in love in Maine." It was kinda out of the blue but she's the third person to say this. I don't think I'm gonna fall in love in Maine, but everyone around me does. In fact, I'm not really looking for someone right now. I'm enjoying the single life...mind you, the last time I was single I was 21 and wild...now I'm different and single is nice and calm...it's good. I'm not really on the market...I'm dating and enjoying it but I'm certainily only looking short term for the time being.
Fourth, perhaps it's Kim's fault...but last night I had a dream that I met a guy who I wanted to marry. He liked to ride bike and stare up at the stars with me. It was a silly dream really...
Fifth, my family from out of state is here visiting. I'm planning on going down to Woodpile to see them on Friday. It should be fun, I certainly don't get to see them as often as I'd like to.
Last, I have a busy day ahead of me and I feel ready! I feel ready for whatever comes my way. No expectations, just ready to hit the ground running...