Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thoughts On Dating

I've come to the conclusion that I have had misfortunes in the dating realm because I haven't been clear on what I want...well here it is:

I want a best friend first and foremost. It's fine if you have other friends but I want to be the person you call with exciting news, the one you spend your holidays with, the one you like to spend time with.

Once I have that best friend connection, then fine...lets find other things that we like about each other. I want you to like my dog. I want my dog to like you. I want you to like my family. My family absolutely must like you! I want my friends to think that you're worthy of me. My friends matter a lot to me and if they say you suck...then odds are...I should be agreeing. I want you to have a job that matters to you, a place you like going every day (but at the same time...I want you to want to come home to me). I want you to eat my burnt cooking experiments with a grin on your face since we both know that take out was a better idea. I want you to speak your mind. Don't hold back!! I want to hear what you're angry, hurt, frustrated...whatever...about. I want my best friend to be my favorite guy on earth, someone I feel safe with. Someone I can watch a movie with or go out in a skimpy outfit. It shouldn't matter what we're doing, there shouldn't be any pouting, because simply being together should be enough.

I guess that's really what we're all looking for out there...but I think it's important to just say it, know it and really hold firm in that my ideal mate needs to be these things and someone who is less than this...well...isn't someone I should settle for.