Friday, March 7, 2008

The Past

I know that you can't change the past...and the saying is that those who dwell on the past want to change it. But...for some reason today, the past feels very present.

Do you have people in your past who you'd like to chat with? I have 2 people.

This is what I've been wondering about the first one, who I shall call...Chuck:
Are you happy? I really want to know. I don't think about it all the time but when I think about you...I have to wonder, are you happy? I don't worry for you, that would be a waste. I just happen to think that maybe, in those moments when I pop into your head, you think about what happiness is and you question if any of it was real.

The second person, who I shall name Sue...:
You are a good friend who doesn't really understand what friendship is. I care for you. I always will. I just hope that over time, you'll learn to live your life and really see what is in front of you for what it is. Don't question it. Don't fret the small stuff...you're better than that.